Sole Representative Visa Extension

Initial Consultation

High Success Rate

Competitive Fees

No Hidden Charges

Get in touch

Get in touch


From 11th April 2022 you can no longer apply for a Sole Representative visa. You must now apply for a UK Expansion Worker visa instead.

Call now to speak to an immigration expert on 0203 5245439

What is a Sole Representative Visa?

Sole Representative visa allows an individual to come to the UK as the representative of an already existing overseas business. It allows the individual to set up that business’ first UK commercial presence. A Sole Representative visa is initially granted for a period of 3 years, after which time you may apply for an extension.

What are the Eligibility Criteria for a Sole Representative Visa Extension?

In order to apply for an extension as a representative of an overseas business, you must have leave to remain under this visa category.

Furthermore, you must still be working for the same employer as you were when your initial visa was granted. You must still be acting as the representative of that overseas business and working to establish or oversee that business’ first UK branch or wholly owned subsidiary.

Finally, the headquarters of the company you are representing must remain centred overseas. You will also need to provide evidence that you will continue to represent the overseas company as its sole UK representative.

Can My Spouse and Dependants Continue to Stay with Me in The UK?

If you’re nearing the end of your initial Sole Representative visa and wish to extend your stay, it is important that you also apply for an extension of any legally dependant family members (spouse/partner and children) who are living with you in the UK.

Any family members who wish to continue living with you in the UK as dependants on your Sole Representative visa should be included on your application to extend -this includes any children who have turned 18 during your stay.

How Long Can I Extend my Sole Representative Visa for?

If you meet the eligibility requirements, you may apply for an extension of your Sole Representative visa to prolong your stay in the UK. It’s important that you make your application for an extension before your current visa expires.

The maximum extension period for a Sole Representative visa is 2 years. After 5 years in the UK, you may be eligible to apply for settlement.

Applying for a Sole Representative Visa Extension

The application for an extension of a Sole Representative visa must be made online and costs £704 per applicant, including dependants.

Applicants must provide supporting documentation of the UK branch’s activities and operations.

This will include at least the following:

  • Branch registration or incorporation documents
  • Information of the UK branch’s business structure
  • Details of accounts
  • Proof of payment/earnings of the past 12 months
  • Proof of working hours of the past 12 months.

A decision is normally made within 8 weeks. Your existing leave to remain continues until a decision is made on your application. This is providing you submitted your application before the expiration of your initial visa.

How Can NA Law Solicitors Help you Apply for a UK Sole Representative Visa Extension

*As stated above, you can no longer apply for a UK Sole Representative visa. This page remains on our website purely to demonstrate how the law has changed. You must now apply for a UK Expansion Worker visa instead.*

NA Law Solicitors is a niche immigration law firm specialising in this area of law. Our team of specialist immigration solicitors can assist you with the entire process. We will take instructions from you during the initial consultation stage, advise on the most appropriate documents to gather in support of your application and draft detailed legal representations. Finally, we will liaise with the Home Office until a final decision is made on your application. Please feel free to get in touch for a case assessment on how to meet the requirements to apply for a UK Expansion Worker visa (which has replaced the Sole Representative Visa).

Need help? Chat to us