EU Settlement Scheme

Initial Consultation

High Success Rate

Competitive Fees

No Hidden Charges

Get in touch

Get in touch

What is The EU Settlement Scheme?

The EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) is a scheme that allows EU, EEA or Swiss nationals to continue living in the UK after 30th June 2021. Once an application to the EU Settlement Scheme is successful, you will be granted settled or pre – settled status (see our FAQs below for further information). If you have indefinite leave to enter or remain, are an Irish Citizen already in the UK, or have a Frontier Worker permit, you may be able to stay in the UK without needing to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.

For any help, please contact us. 

Deadlines, Requirements and Eligibility

  • Eligible applicants, who are already in the UK before 31st December 2020 had until 30th June 2021 to apply to the EUSS
  • Although the deadline has now passed, you may still apply for the EUSS if you or your family are from the EU, EEA or Switzerland and were living in the UK before 31st December 2020. 
  • You must also either:
    • meet one of the criteria for a later deadline to apply or,
    • have ‘reasonable grounds’ for not applying before 30th June 2021 (see our FAQs below).

    You may also be able to apply if you are the family member of an eligible person from Northern Ireland.


If you have pre-settled status and want to apply for settled status, you can also still apply. You must ensure that you do this before your pre-settled status expires.

You can make an application to the EUSS online and it is free to apply.

For information on the documents required for an application, see our page titled ‘Should I apply for Settled Status?

Family Members 

You can bring family members to the UK under the EUSS if the following applies:

  • You have pre-settled or settled status
  • You lived in the UK before 31st December 2020
  • Your relationship with that family member began before 31st December 2020 – unless you’re a Swiss citizen or the family member is a child born after 31st December 2020
  • The relationship is still close.

Documents Required for Family Members

  • If the family member is from the EEA, EU or Switzerland, they need a valid passport or identity card.
  • If not, then they will need either a permanent residence card, derivative residence card or any other applicable UK document.

Family members who do not have these requirements can apply for the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit 

For more specific information click here. 

How Can NA Law Solicitors Help?

We are a niche immigration law firm that specialises in this area of law. Our team of specialist immigration lawyers can assist you with the entire process, from advising you on the appropriate documents to gather in support of your application, to liaising with the Home Office until a final decision is made. We will retain our focus on your case to ensure that no detail is overlooked. Contact us now.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Need help? Chat to us