EU and EEA Immigration Applications

Initial Consultation

High Success Rate

Competitive Fees

No Hidden Charges

Get in touch

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Get in touch

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

EU and EEA Immigration Applications


Following Brexit, the ways in which EEA citizens and their family members can travel to the UK has changed.

What Has Changed? 

  • The EEA family permit is being replaced by the EU Settlement Scheme family permit.
  • The EEA residence card is being phased out and, after 30th June 2021, will no longer be available. The alternative will be to apply for pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.
  • The permanent residence card and is being replaced by settled status (permanent resident cards will not be valid after 30th June 2021).

NA Law offers a variety of services for European citizens and their family members under the new UK points-based immigration system. Some of our most popular European immigration services include:

EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit

The EU Settlement Scheme family permit has now replaced the EEA family permit.

  • Eligibility: those who are non-EEA national family members outside the UK 
  • Purpose: joining an EEA national family member living in the UK
  • Visa duration: usually valid for 6 months – click here if you are interested in a family permit
  • Requirements: you are the family member of an EU or EEA national, your family relationship started by 31 December 2020, your family member lived in the UK before 31 December 2020 and your family member is currently in the UK or will travel to the UK within 6 months of your application.

All four requirements must be met in order to apply for the permit.

Settled Status for European Citizens with a Permanent Residence Card

Those with a permanent residence card will have had to exchange it for a settled status document before 30th June 2021. This is a new scheme introduced by the government for EEA citizens who already have proof that they are eligible for permanent residence. Exchanging the existing permanent residence document for a settled status document is free of charge and there is no requirement to prove continuous residence. See our page on applying to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS).

How Can NA Law Solicitors Help with EU and EEA Immigration Applications?

We are a niche immigration law firm that specialises in this area of law. Our team of specialist immigration lawyers can assist you with either process, from advising you on the appropriate documents to gather in support of your application, to liaising with the Home Office until a final decision is made. We will retain our focus on your case to ensure that no detail is overlooked. Get in touch for a 15-minute telephone consultation.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

It is free apply and how you apply depends on how you are eligible. See our page on the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit.

Permanent residence documents are no longer valid. However, you can still use it to enter the UK if you have settled or pre-settled status under the EUSS, or you applied to the EUSS before 30th June 2021.

Need help? Chat to us