EEA Immigration application
NA Law offers a variety of services for European citizens and their family members under the EU regulations. Whether the application is for visiting or settling in the UK, NA Law will help you or your family member achieve all desired immigration goals with ease. Some of our most popular European immigration services include:
EEA Family Permit
- Eligibility: non-EEA family members outside the UK
- Purpose: joining an EEA national family member living in the UK
- Requirements: demonstrating a genuine relationship between the family members. The EEA national must also be a qualified person
- Visa duration: initially valid for 6 months with options for extension – click here if you are interested in a family permit
EEA Residence Card
- Eligibility: non-EEA family member in the UK of an EEA national living in the UK
- Purpose: to extend the 6-month Family Permit
- Visa duration: 5 years
Permanent Residence card
- Eligibility: EEA and non-EEA nationals already in the UK
- Purpose: obtaining unrestricted ability to enter and exit the UK for the duration of their lifetime
- Requirements: a non-EEA family member must have lived with the EEA national for 5 years continuously and the EEA national must have retained their status as a qualified person during that time. EEA nationals may apply for a Permanent Residence card but are not obliged to do so – click here if you are interested in applying for a permanent residence card
Please note that this article is not designed to list the full criteria and the complexities of the application process extend beyond the scope of the information given here. Prospective applicants are advised to seek legal advice for a thorough understanding of the requirements.
Settled status for European citizens with a Permanent Residence card
After obtaining a Permanent Residence card, citizens will have to exchange it for a settled status document from 2019 to 2021. This is a new scheme introduced by the government for EEA citizens who already have proof that they are eligible for permanent residence. Exchanging the existing Permanent Residence document for a settled status document will be free of charge and there will be no requirement to prove continuous residence.
For more information on settled status, visit: Should I apply for settled status?
How can NA Law Solicitors help with EU and EEA immigration applications?
We are a niche immigration law firm that specialises in this area of law. Our team of specialist immigration lawyers can assist you with the entire process. From advising you on the appropriate documents to gather in support of your application to liaising with the Home Office until a final decision is made, we will retain our focus on your case to ensure no detail is overlooked. Get in touch for a free 15-minute telephone consultation.