Get in touch
Get in touch
London is home to the highest concentration of wealthy individuals in the world, thanks to the wealth of opportunities available and the rich heritage and diversity of citizens.
Visas under this category adopt a points-based system (PBS) which facilitates the move of High Net Worth professionals. There is no sponsorship requirement for visas in this category and in some instances, no English language requirement either.
Visa options for high-income individuals can be utilised for the purpose of relocating to the UK either temporarily or permanently. There are a number of options which allow High Net Worth individuals to apply for and obtain a visa to live and work in the UK, some of which are introduced below.
Settlement can be obtained after a five-year period has been spent in the UK; however, in some circumstances, individuals can apply for accelerated settlement.
Some of the visa options in the High Net Worth category include:
The Innovator visa is intended to help experienced overseas entrepreneurs carry out their business ventures in the UK through an endorsement from approved bodies. It comes after the scrapping of the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa in late 2018, and replaces it with a new visa for start-up businesses.
Approved applicants will have an innovative, viable and scalable business idea that is supported by the aforementioned endorsing body with at least £50,000 to be invested into the business.
A noteworthy change is that the business venture will be assessed solely by experts in the endorsing body rather than the Home Office itself. This separates the endorsement process from the immigration process. However, obtaining an endorsement will not guarantee a visa if there are immigration issues with the applicant.
This visa will enable individuals to establish their business in the UK for the first time, provided that their business idea is innovative, viable and scalable. It has replaced the existing Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa and was introduced alongside the Innovator visa.
Unlike the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa, you can apply for a start-up visa even if you do not have a university education. However, the start-up criteria will need to be supported and assessed by an endorsing body who must confirm that the individual intends to spend the majority of their time working on developing the business venture.
The Global Talent visa is a fantastic new route that allows successful applicants to stay in the UK for up to five years. In order to apply you must be a leader (or potential leader) in one of the following industries:
- Arts and culture
- Digital technology
As with some of the other aforementioned High Net Worth visas, you will usually need an endorsement in order for a successful application outcome. However, it is possible to obtain a Global Talent visa without an endorsement, provided that you are the recipient of an eligible award. Further details regarding eligible awards can be found on our Global Talent page.
Global Business Mobility Route
There are a number of new Global Business Mobility routes that have now replaced the four following routes: Intra-Company Transfer routes, Sole Representative visa, Intra-Company Graduate Trainee visa, and The Contractual Service supplier and independent Professional Provisions in the Temporary Work – International Agreement route. The Global Business Mobility Route allows overseas workers to temporarily send employees to the UK, in order to establish an overseas presence and expand their business.
The five Global Business Mobility Routes are as follows:
- UK Expansion Worker visa
- Senior or Specialist Worker visa
- Graduate Trainee route
- Service Supplier route
- Secondment Worker route
It is important to note that none of the Global Business Mobility routes lead to settlement. However, Global Business Mobility visa holders may be able to apply from within the UK to switch into another immigration route that does lead to settlement.
Contact NA Law solicitors today to discuss this further.
Individuals may apply for accelerated settlement after 3 years if they can demonstrate:
- They have set up a new UK business or businesses that has/have created the equivalent of 10 new full-time jobs for persons settled in the UK; or
- They have taken over or invested in a current UK corporate entity and the services they provide, or their capital investment has resulted in a net growth in the employment provided by the business or businesses for persons settled in the UK by generating the equivalent of 10 new full-time jobs; or
- They have established a new UK business that has generated a revenue from business activity of at least £5 million during a 3-year period in which they were last granted leave as a Tier 1 Entrepreneur migrant; or
- They have taken over or invested in a current UK business and their services or investment has generated a net increase in income from business activity in that business of at least £5 million during a 3-year period in which they were granted leave under the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa route.
How Can NA Law Solicitors Help?
At NA Law Solicitors, our team of specialist immigration lawyers can help you navigate through the complex and time-consuming process of applying for a visa. We will ensure that you have the highest possible chance of making a successful application. NA Law Solicitors provide targeted advice to HNW clients:
- We keep abreast of the latest legal and business developments
- We can advise on the most appropriate supporting documents to submit alongside your application
- We can advise on how best to meet with the subjective requirements of the visa and attest that the supporting documents are in a form required by the Home Office
- We will ensure that your business plan demonstrates credibility and your genuineness as an entrepreneur
- We will prepare detailed legal representations in support of your application
- We provide efficient, effective and practical advice to clients in a professional and jargon-free manner.
NA Law Solicitors are committed to providing a high quality, cost-effective service. We operate on a fixed-fee basis and therefore offer transparency and peace of mind when it comes to budgeting and costs. Our years of expertise allow us to offer a solution-based approach to meet with your desired immigration goals, whether this is to travel, work, join family or settle in the UK.
We provide a bespoke service tailored to meet the exact needs of our clients.
Please contact us to speak to a specialist immigration solicitor.