If you work in fashion or film you may be eligible to come to the UK on a Global Talent visa. The Global Talent visa application consists of two stages.
Stage 1 involves applying for endorsement as a leader or an emerging leader in your particular field. Stage 2 is the visa application. Although you can apply for these at the same time if the relevant body refuses the endorsement the visa application will also be refused.
The endorsement stage
There are different endorsing bodies for the appropriate fields. If the field is fashion or film and television, Arts Council England will pass the application for
- British Fashion Council, for fashion
- Producers Alliance for Cinema and Television (PACT), for film and television
These bodies will require you to evidence that you are either established as or have the potential to become a leading artist or internationally recognised expert in your specialist field.
Therefore, you must demonstrate that you:
- Have professionally produced work of outstanding quality that has been published, performed, presented, distributed or exhibited internationally
- Can show recent and regular activity of being engaged professionally as a practitioner in your field
- Can show a substantial track record in more than one country or a developing track record in one or more countries
- Lastly, you must have three letters of support from recognised cultural organisations and experts in your field, along with no more than 10 pieces of supporting evidence that demonstrate recognition of your talent or promise is required.
Criteria for Producers
Producers Alliance for Cinema and Television have different criteria; you will only be considered for a Global Talent application if you can show evidence for one of the following:
1. Have won or in the last 10 years from your date of application, have received a nomination for one of the following awards
- An Academy Award;
- A British Academy of Film and Television Arts award;
- A Golden Globe
- An Emmy Award
2. Have within the last 10 years from the year of the application, made a significant and direct contribution to winning or being nominated for 1 of the awards mentioned above
3. Have within the last 15 years achieved a minimum of 2 nominations for 1 of the awards mentioned above
4. Demonstrate notable industry recognition by providing evidence of
- International distribution sales and recognition and;
- Having achieved one of the following combinations;
- Won a minimum of 2 awards
- Won 1 award and within the last 6 years before the date of application, have been nominated for another
- Within the last 6 years before the date of the application, have been nominated for a minimum of 3 awards
- Within the last 3 years before the date of application, made a significant and direct contribution to winning 2 awards
- Have been nominated for a minimum of 3 of the awards in the Notable Industry Recognition Awards
How can NA Law Solicitors help?
Our experts will answer any questions you may have about your eligibility under this visa and guide you through the process. You will be provided with a tailored, cost-effective service with only your best interests in mind. Contact us now for a consultation.