Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer (ICT) Long-Term Visa

*Note: making initial applications under this route is no longer available – prospective applicants will have to make an application under the Senior or Specialist Worker Visa. Follow the link for more information on how we can help you meet the new requirements.*

Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer (ICT) Long-Term Visa

The ICT Visa enables overseas workers to transfer to their organisation’s UK branch or connected entity. Long-term staff visas are for applicants transferring to a role which requires previous experience in the company and for transfers exceeding 12 months, or for applicants who have already worked for the overseas organisation for at least 12 months (unless the company pays the applicant a salary of at least £73,900).

Main requirements for the Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer visa

The maximum permitted stay in the UK for long-term staff earning more than £120,000 a year, including possible extensions, is 9 years. Those earning less than £120,000 a year can stay in the UK for up to 5 years and 1 month. An applicant may come to the UK 14 days before the start date on their Certificate of Sponsorship, which is a reference number that the sponsor will give to the applicant. This holds all relevant personal details and information about the job.

Applicants wishing to extend their Tier 2 ICT visa beyond the maximum stay must leave the UK and cannot apply to return until after a 12-month cooling-off period. Applicants may take a second job after they have started work with their first sponsor as long as it is in the same profession or on the same level. They are allowed to do supplementary work of up to 20 hours per week, study and participate in voluntary work. It should be noted that the Tier 2 ICT Visa is not itself a route leading to Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

Key criteria for the Tier 2 ICT visa

In order to apply for an ICT Visa, an applicant must be from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. Furthermore, they must have been offered a role in a UK branch in the organisation that they are already working for overseas. Applicants need to have proof that they have worked for their employer outside the UK. Applicants must have a sponsorship certificate, be paid an appropriate salary for their work and have savings of £945 three months before applying to maintain themselves at the beginning. They must also demonstrate that they are able to travel and give proof of their travels from the past 5 years.

How can NA Law Solicitors help?

At NA Law Solicitors, we will ensure that your application is prepared with the necessary expertise and attention to detail in order avoid refusal from the Home Office, which reviews Tier 2 ICT Visa applications very thoroughly. We will assist you and give guidance with a successful outcome in mind. We can also help with the Tier 2 Sponsorship Licence application process, Tier 2 sponsor duties, applying for a Tier 2 COS application, the genuine vacancy test and Tier 2 sponsorship licence application renewal process. Please get in touch for an initial assessment.

Need help? Chat to us