Settlement Under the Skilled Worker Visa (Tier 2 General)

Initial Consultation

High Success Rate

Competitive Fees

No Hidden Charges

Get in touch

Get in touch

How Can I Obtain Settlement Following a Skilled Worker (Tier 2 General) Visa?

While on a Skilled Worker or Tier 2 (General) visa, individuals may be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain (also known as settlement). In order to be eligible for this, prospective applicants must:

  • Have lived and worked in the UK for at least 5 years.
  • Meet the salary requirements (this will often depend on the person’s job).
  • Continue to be required for your job and meet the salary requirements after indefinite leave to remain is granted (prospective applicants will need a document from their employer to confirm this).
  • Pass the Life in the UK test (if aged 18 to 64).
  • Satisfy the English language requirement (if aged 18 to 64).

Adding Family Members to the Application

Applicants may be able to include their partner and/or children on their application provided they’re eligible. 

A partner may be eligible if:

  • They have permission to be in the UK as the principal applicant’s partner.
  • They been living with them as their dependant for at least 5 consecutive years.
  • The relationship is genuine, and both partners intend to keep living together.
  • There is enough income for both partners to support themselves and their dependants.
  • They are not using public funds.
  • They have passed the Life in the UK Test (if aged 18 to 64)
  • They satisfy English language requirement (if aged 18 to 64)

A child may be eligible if:

  • They have permission to be in the UK as the principal applicant’s dependant child.
  • They are not married or in a civil partnership.
  • They will live with the principal applicant and be supported by them.
  • They will not use public funds.
  • The principal applicant and the child’s other parent are both currently applying to settle, are already settled, or one of the exceptions to this rule applies, such as where the principal applicant is the sole surviving parent or primary carer for the child, or there is some other serious and compelling reason to allow the child to stay with the principal applicant.

If your child is aged 16 or over when the application is made, applicants will need to provide evidence of where their child lives, how much rent they pay and how much they’re supported financially. Applicants will be asked to provided documents such as:

  • Bank statement
  • Credit card bill
  • Driving licence
  • NHS registration document
  • Letter from their current place of study on headed paper and issued by an authorised official of that organisation.

Documents provided should not be more than one month old at the time of making the application. If a child is 18 or over by the time the application is being made, they must also pass the Life in the UK test and prove their knowledge of the English language.

How Much Does the Application Cost?

The application costs £2,389 for each person applying. 

How Can NA Law Solicitors Help?

As specialists in UK immigration law, we understand the complexities involved in applying for settlement and the often-stressful process of ensuring your application is up to the highest standard. From the very first consultation to the submission of the application itself, NA Law Solicitors will provide you with the highest quality advice and guidance.

If you are on a Skilled Worker or Tier 2 (General) visa and are interested in settling in the UK, do not hesitate to get in touch.

Need help? Chat to us