EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit
What is it?
The EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit will soon replace the EEA Family Permit from the 30.06.2021. After this date, the EEA Family Permit will not be valid. To join or accompany your family member, you will be required to use the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit. It allows family members of non-EEA nationals to apply from outside the UK to join their family members of EEA status who are residing in the UK with pre-settled status or settled status.
Call our immigration solicitors on 0203 5245439
How long is it valid?
The EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit is valid for 6 months and during this time, permit holders can leave and return to the UK freely as many times as they want.
Who is eligible to apply?
You can apply if.
- At the time of application you are outside the UK
- You are a non-EEA citizen looking to join/accompany a family member who is an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen living in the UK
- The family member you intend to join has pre settled or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.
- By the 31st December 2020, the family member was living in the UK
- Your relationship with that family member began by the 31st December 2020
Who can you join?
- An EU, Swiss or EEA national
- A Northern Ireland national
- A person who has resided in the UK as an EU, EEA or Swiss national before also getting British citizenship.
What qualifies as a family member for the purposes of the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit?
- A spouse or civil partner by the time of making the application. The two of you must have a durable partnership.
- An unmarried partner.
- A child (under 21) or dependent parent. The relationship must have formed before the 31st of December 2020.
- A child or dependent parent of a spouse or civil partner.
What documents are needed to apply?
The documents needed to apply become more specific depending on which type of family member you are and who you are joining but typically you will need
- A passport
- Or if you are an EEA, EU or Swiss national you can instead provide a national identity card rather than a passport
- Evidence proving the state of your relationship with the EEA family member
- Evidence of travel plans
How can we help?
Our highly qualified immigration solicitors at NA Law Solicitors can assistance to guarantee that your immigration applications are accepted. Call our immigration solicitors today on 0203 5245439 or feel free to contact us for more guidance.