The main requirements for obtaining a Global Talent visa are set out here.
The Advantages of obtaining a Global Talent Visa
- The Global Talent visa is flexible e.g. the visa can be for 1 year or up to 5 years, with the opportunity to apply for an extension and applying for settlement without the need to apply for an extension (if unnecessary).
- There is no requirement of further endorsement if the original endorsement has not been withdrawn, if applying for an extension or settlement.
- Endorsement allows an individual to work for an employer or be self-employed in their particular field – this includes voluntary work – without the need to reapply for a visa.
- A potential employer does not need to hold a sponsor licence to employ an individual who has a Global Talent visa.
- An individual does not need to have a job to apply for this visa; equally, they can change jobs without having to inform the Home Office of such changes.
- Settlement can be applied for after 3 years of obtaining a Global Talent visa.
- Dependants are permitted to join the applicant if they qualify.
- No need for endorsement if you have been awarded a Prestigious Prize (see below).
Appendix Global Talent: Prestigious Prizes
Recent changes to the Immigration Rules have enabled easier access to the Global Talent visa to those who have been awarded ‘Prestigious Prizes’. It has been explicitly stated that such prizes have been identified by the Global Talent endorsing bodies as demonstrating exceptional talent. Therefore, applicants who hold this are eligible to apply for this visa without the need for an endorsement.
How we can help
It is understandable that the application process of a Global Talent visa is not one that is very straightforward, especially when applying for endorsement. NA Law Solicitors will be there to give you the most up to date advice and guidance on the Global Talent visa process, whether it is extending your current visa, switching to this visa or even being unsure as to whether you qualify as an exceptional talent or promise. Please get in touch to get expert advice and assistance on eligibility, endorsement and how to apply, switch to or extend your Global Talent visa.