Tier 2 (General) Extension

Making a Tier 2 (General) extension application

The Tier 2 (General) visa is usually valid for three years. You must apply for further leave to remain through a Tier 2 (General) visa extension if you wish to stay after your visa has expired. However, you must do this before your current Tier 2 (General) visa expires. The extension visa extends your period of stay by two years.

Call now to speak to an immigration expert on 0203 5245439

Tier 2 (General) visa extension eligibility

The requirements are as follows:
– You must have current permission to enter or stay on a Tier 2 (General) Visa.
– You must have the same job as when you were previously granted permission to enter and
stay in the UK.
– You must still be earning the required salary as defined in the Home Office Guidance.
– You must still be working for the employer who assigned your certificate of sponsorship.
– Your employer must continue to meet their duties as a licensed sponsor.
– You must be in the UK to extend your visa.

When to apply:
You should apply before the expiry of your initial Tier 2 visa to avoid overstaying. Overstaying can be detrimental to future immigration applications. You can submit your application up to 60 days before your current visa is due to expire.

Change of employment:
Where there is change of employment, your new employers will need to issue you a Certificate of Sponsorship before you can make an application for extension. Even those who are with the same employer but switching to a different role must make a Change of Employment application.

How to apply:
Use your Certificate of Sponsorship to complete the online application form. In order for the application to go through you must pay the application fees and the NHS Immigration Health surcharge. You will also need to send in your biometric information to confirm your identity.

Documents required:
You will need to bring extensive documentation covering your stay in the UK. These will include your immigration history, your current visa, letter of sponsorship, proof of address, proof of personal savings and your knowledge of the English language. However, the nature and amount of documents required depends on each personal circumstance. Therefore, some applicants may need to provide additional evidence.

In order to understand exactly which documents should be given to support your application, seek specialist legal advice.

How can NA Law help?

At NA Law Solicitors, we will ensure that your application is prepared according to the highest standards and with the necessary attention to detail in order avoid refusal from the Home Office, which reviews Tier 2 (General) visa applications thoroughly. We will assist you in every step of your application and give guidance with a successful outcome in mind.

For further information, contact us for an initial case assessment.