Temporary Worker – Seasonal Worker visa (T5)

What is the Temporary Worker – Seasonal Worker visa (T5)?

This is a short-term visa for those who wish to enter the UK and complete up to six months of farm work.

Am I eligible?

Must have:

  • Have a sponsor
  • Be over the age of 18
  • Have enough money to support yourself in the UK – you will usually need to have at least £1,270 available. If your sponsor employer is willing to support you, this will be marked on your Certificate of Sponsorship as ‘sponsor certifies maintenance’. If this is the case, you will not need to supply evidence of sufficient funds.

What must my sponsor provide?

Your sponsor must provide a Certificate of Sponsorship reference number. This is not an actual certificate. This reference number must be added to your visa form. Please note that it can only be used once and is only valid for three months from the date that it is assigned to you.

What documents must I provide?

  • A valid passport or other document that shows your identity and nationality. You will need a blank page in your passport for your visa.
  • Evidence of sufficient funds, for example bank statements (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your sponsor can support you).
  • Your certificate of sponsorship reference number – your sponsor will give you this.

All documents must be provided in English or Welsh. This must be a certified translation.

After you submit your application online, you must provide biometrics at a visa application centre.

Can I sponsor a seasonal worker?

Individuals and organisations will not be able to sponsor a seasonal worker even if they hold a licence or certificate to sponsor for any other visa category. This is because this is a pilot scheme, where currently two organisations have been endorsed by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) and have been permitted to issue licenses from the Gangmaster and Labour Abuse Authority. There is a maximum of 30,000 sponsor certificates available, so a further two new sponsor organisations will be approved by DEFRA around June 2021 (subject to change).

The current two sponsors are Concordia UK Ltd & Pro-Force Ltd

How can we help?

If you wish to obtain a seasonal workers visa, we will be able to contact either Concordia UK Ltd or Pro-Force Ltd to help you secure a certificate of sponsorship which will enable you to work in the UK.

If you are an employer wishing to recruit pilot seasonal workers, you must register your interest to Concordia UK Ltd or to Pro-Force Ltd. We can help you ensure that this is completed correctly to maximise the chance of you being successful in your recruitment of seasonal workers.

Contact us

If you think this visa is of interest to you, whether as a seasonal worker or as a sponsor, feel free to contact us!