Farmer’s Visa (Tier 5 Seasonal Worker Visa)

Seasonal Worker VisaWhat is the Tier 5 Seasonal Worker Visa?

This is a visa for those who wish to enter the UK and complete six months of farm work.

What are the requirements?

You must:

  • Have a sponsor
  • Be over the age of 18
  • Have at least £1,270 in your bank to prove you can support yourself. You must have had this in your bank account for 28 days in a row. Day 28 must be within 31 days when applying for the visa. Please note that this is not always mandatory if your sponsor has stated that they will provide food and accommodation for you for the first month of your stay in the UK. It must be stated by your sponsor that you will not claim any benefits during your stay.

What must my sponsor provide?

Your sponsor must provide a certificate of sponsorship reference number. This is not an actual certificate. This reference number must be added to your visa form. Please note that it can only be used once and is only valid for three months from the date that it is assigned to you.

What documents must I provide?

  • A passport or other valid travel identification. You will need a blank page in your passport for your visa.
  • A bank statement stating that there is at least £945 in your bank account during the 90 days before travelling to the UK.
  • Test results from your tuberculosis test if travelling from a country where the test must be taken.

All documents must be provided in English or Welsh. This must be a certified translation.

How can I sponsor a seasonal worker?

Individuals and organisations will not be able to sponsor a seasonal worker even if they hold a licence or certificate to sponsor for any other visa category. This is because this is a pilot scheme, where only two organisations have been endorsed by the Department for Environment, Food and rural Affairs and have been permitted to issue licenses from the Gangmaster and Labour Abuse Authority. Therefore, these two organisations hold all the sponsorship certificates and will act as sponsors for seasonal workers. These two organisations are Concordia UK Ltd and Pro-Force Ltd and each has 1250 sponsor certificates available.

The pilot scheme for seasonal workers will run until December 2020.

How can we help?

If you wish to obtain a seasonal workers visa, we will be able to contact either Concordia UK Ltd or Pro-Force Ltd to help you secure a certificate of sponsorship which will enable you to work in the UK.

Please note that due to the limited nature of this scheme, Concordia UK Ltd have already allocated all their places for 2019, applications for 2020 will be considered however.

If you are an employer wishing to recruit pilot seasonal workers, you must register your interest to Concordia UK Ltd or to Pro-Force Ltd. We can help you ensure that this is completed correctly to maximise the chance of you being successful in your recruitment of seasonal workers.

Contact us

If you think this visa is of interest to you, whether as a seasonal worker or as a sponsor, feel free to contact us!